“Should we make cold storage in containers or not?” is one of the questions of many businesses processing, producing, importing and exporting frozen and fresh foods. How is cold storage using containers different from fixed cold storage? Find out details in the following article!
Should I invest in container or fixed cold storage?
Investing in cold storage in containers or fixed is of great interest to manufacturing and processing enterprises in storing and preserving goods. Each option has its own advantages and disadvantages, suitable for each business’s criteria and purposes. To be able to draw conclusions about which investment will be optimal and bring more benefits, let’s review some of the following criteria with Hung Thinh Container:
When putting two cold storage solutions on the scale to compare in terms of flexibility, it is easy to see that making cold storage using containers has much more advantage. Because cold storage using containers uses 3-phase power, it can be easily operated and moved to many other locations quickly and flexibly by trailer.
Meanwhile, traditional cold storage is permanently built and cannot be transported from one place to another in a short time.
Cold storage using containers can be placed anywhere, as long as it is in a permitted area. However, containerized cold storage is quite large in size, taking up a lot of space when placed in a factory. Besides, containers always have standard sizes, so storage space may be limited if businesses need to preserve large quantities of goods.
Traditional cold storage is usually located indoors, with a roof to protect machinery, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment. The fixed cold storage area can be flexible according to needs and available space, not fixed like a container.
In this criterion, both options have their own advantages and disadvantages. Businesses can choose accordingly depending on their needs and the amount of goods they need to store.
>> Reference 40-foot refrigerated container warehouse models at Hung Thinh Container now!
Investing in containerized or fixed warehouses is of great interest to manufacturing and processing enterprises in storing and preserving goods.
3. Investment costs
The investment cost for building a 100% new fixed cold storage is considered to be much higher than the other options. Making cold storage using containers only costs about 70 – 150 million VND, while arranging the premises and building cold storage takes more money and time.
Depending on the intended use, businesses can choose the appropriate option. For example, if a business only needs to sell goods locally and has short shipping time, it can use fixed cold storage. On the contrary, in cases where businesses need to distribute products to many provinces and cities, or export to foreign markets, they should invest in cold storage using containers.
4. Electricity consumption level
According to assessments, using fixed cold storage will consume less electricity than the other options. Because cold storage using containers is often made of a lot of iron and steel, refrigeration consumes more electricity. In addition, the insulation layer of the container is not designed to be as thick as that of a fixed cold storage, so heat loss is inevitable.
In this criterion, fixed cold storage is slightly better than container cold storage. But anyway, businesses should consider the intended use to choose the appropriate option.
5. Product durability
If the cold storage container is often transported under harsh weather such as heat or storms, it will deteriorate very quickly. But in the case of making cold storage using containers in a factory, the durability can be up to decades, equivalent to fixed cold storage.
6. Maintenance, repair and replacement costs
Because the equipment and components when making cold storage using containers are somewhat more complex and special than fixed types, the cost and time for maintenance and replacement will be much longer. Meanwhile, the mechanical system at the fixed cold storage is located in a spacious location, making it more convenient for inspection, repair and replacement.
However, cold storage using containers often uses a refrigeration system designed with advanced technology and operates in a closed manner, so there is hardly any damage. Thanks to that, businesses can save on warranty and repair costs throughout the use process.
Refer to the 40-foot refrigerated container model at Hung Thinh Container
7. Value after use
If there is no longer any need to use it after making cold storage using containers, businesses can completely resell it to other units or suppliers at high prices. On the contrary, fixed cold storage is difficult to resell or the value will be greatly reduced compared to the initial investment. This shows that the liquidity of container cold storage is very high, suitable for businesses that frequently change business and production plans.
Based on the purpose and business characteristics, businesses can choose to build cold storage in containers or fixedly. However, investing in cold storage using containers is currently the most optimal option, chosen by many small and medium enterprises. Because of its flexibility, high liquidity and cooling system of quality not inferior to fixed cold storage.
>> Contact Hung Thinh Container immediately or access website to learn more about container cold storage services!
Benefits of making cold storage using containers
Using container refrigerated warehouses helps businesses save a lot of initial costs because the cost of refrigerated containers is quite cheap compared to fixed warehouses. Besides, cold container warehouses can be easily transported to many locations according to the business and distribution needs of the business. While fixed warehouses cannot do this.
Making cold storage using containers also brings high liquidity. When there is no longer a need to use it, businesses can completely resell it at a high price to continue investing in other options. Meanwhile, the value of fixed warehouse will be greatly reduced over time.
Maintenance costs of refrigerated containers are somewhat higher, but the rate of damage and problems during use is almost zero thanks to advanced, high-quality refrigeration systems from famous brands. such as: Carrier, Thermo King, Daikin, Mitsubishi,…
So, if you need cold storage, choose a cold container at Hung Thinh Container.
>> See more about the service of buying, selling and renting old, new, and high-quality refrigerated containers at here!
Making cold storage using containers helps businesses save a lot of initial costs because the price of cold containers is quite cheap compared to fixed warehouses.
How to best use and preserve container cold storage
Although cold storage using containers brings many benefits, if you do not know how to use and preserve them properly, they will quickly deteriorate after a period of time. Immediately refer to the best ways to use and preserve container cold storage in the next content of the article!
How to use and preserve container cold storage
- Weight limit of goods: Depending on each shipping company, exporting country and the limit written on the container, businesses should limit the weight. This both makes transportation easier and ensures the best cooling capacity.
- Always cool the warehouse before loading goods to ensure goods are stored in the best conditions.
- When transporting goods into cold storage containers, it is necessary to avoid letting loose particles fall, which may hinder the circulation of cold air in the container.
- Arrange goods scientifically, ensuring all products receive a stable flow of cold air.
- Container control panels must always be carefully preserved to avoid contact with water, which can cause short circuits and damage. In addition, absolutely do not disassemble or change position to avoid damaging the control panel.
- Air conditioners are often pre-adjusted to the most suitable mode for the goods and products. Non-professional personnel are not allowed to arbitrarily adjust or change data.
- After packing, the air conditioner must be turned back on immediately, keeping the container in a stable condition to avoid moving too much during storage. This ensures the quality of goods is always in good preservation condition, and also helps prolong the life of the reefer container.
>> Reference Cooling principle inside the container at here!
Understanding the principle of refrigeration inside containers helps the process of use and preservation be better
Notes on starting container cold storage
Before starting the air conditioner, businesses should pay attention to checking whether the plug, socket and power source are in good condition.
If using 380V/440V 3-phase electricity, the minimum must be 380V and maximum 460V. In case of using 3-phase 220V electricity, the minimum is 190V and the maximum is 230V. In particular, do not remove the plug and connect directly to the power grid.
Hung Thinh Container – unit that rents and sells cold storage containers of 10 feet, 20 feet, 40 feet at good prices
Hung Thinh Container has been constantly improving its high-quality refrigerated container buying, selling, and leasing services, giving businesses many opportunities to access the “fertile” consumer market.
- Coming to Hung Thinh Container, businesses will receive dedicated advice from our staff and engineers on types of containers to best suit their needs and business purposes.
- Hung Thinh Container provides a variety of old and new reefer container models from small to large, making it easy for businesses to choose.
- Refrigerated container lines at Hung Thinh Container are all made of 3 sturdy, durable outer shells.
- The high-capacity air conditioning system is scientifically arranged, providing quick cooling and the best preservation environment for products, goods, and medicines.
- Container selling and rental prices at Hung Thinh Container are very competitive in the market. At the same time, with high liquidity, businesses can be completely assured when cooperating with us in making cold storage by containers.
Making cold storage using containers brings many practical benefits to businesses in the context of the Internet gradually covering every corner. Thanks to that, the market for trading, production, processing, import and export is equally “bustling”. That requires businesses to change themselves in a more flexible and creative direction to bring more products to consumers. Quickly contact Hung Thinh Container today for advice and quotes to buy and rent container cold storage as soon as possible!