Refrigerated containers were born to help shorten the geographical distance between regions and countries around the world and extend the preservation time of goods and food. So, what is a refrigerated container? What is the latest price quote for refrigerated containers? Refer to the following article content!
What is a refrigerated container?
Before learning about how much a refrigerated container costs, let’s review some concepts, structures and sizes to better visualize this type of “giant” container.
Refrigerated containers are a popular form of thermal containers and are often used in preserving, storing and transporting items that need to maintain a stable temperature. Refrigerated containers are often equipped with high-capacity air conditioning systems from brands such as Carrier, Thermo King, Daikin, Mitsubishi,… capable of rapid cooling and long-term temperature maintenance.
In addition, the surface of the refrigerated container is also designed with slots and grooves that greatly assist in air convection and internal temperature. Therefore, refrigerated containers are often used in preserving and storing frozen items, fresh foods such as seafood, meat, poultry and medical products that need refrigeration.
Refrigerated containers are a popular form of thermal containers and are often used in preserving, storing and transporting frozen goods.
When loading goods into containers, operators need to cool them first to ensure the air conditioning system works well and the food is also maintained at the appropriate temperature. Using refrigerated containers to transport goods helps shorten geographical distances between regions and countries around the world.
Refrigerated containers open up many opportunities for the domestic import-export industry to develop, bringing Vietnamese goods and products to the world market. This is also the optimal and most cost-effective solution for businesses specializing in the production, processing and distribution of frozen foods, fresh fruits, and medical products.
>> Immediately refer to high quality refrigerated container models at Hung Thinh Container at here!
Structure of refrigerated container
Before consulting the price quote for refrigerated containers, let’s explore the structure with Hung Thinh Container to understand more about the cooling principle of this special type of container!
The structure of a refrigerated container includes:
- Container shell: Made of high quality steel material, durable, continuously rotates goods and can withstand even the harshest weather conditions.
- Air conditioning system: The air conditioning system is considered the “heart” in the container, provided by the world’s leading reputable companies such as Carrier, Thermo King, Daikin, Mitsubishi,…
- Condensing equipment.
- Compressor: The compressor is responsible for compressing the refrigerant solvent at low pressure to higher pressure. Currently, many types of compressors are often used in refrigerated containers, such as: Piston compressors, Roto compressors, screw compressors, spiral compressors, centrifugal compressors,…
- 3-phase current (380V) and automatic power and thermal shutdown system.
- Fan cooling system.
Refrigerated containers often have a special structure and more components than commonly found dry, open-roof containers. Because the requirements for maintaining internal temperature to preserve goods are extremely strict, especially for goods exported to European or Japanese markets.
Refrigerated containers often have a special structure and more components than commonly found dry, open-roof containers
Dimensions of each type of reefer container
To know how much a refrigerated container quote is today, the next issue businesses must refer to is size. From there, compare and contrast the needs and budget of the business and come up with the most suitable plan!
Refrigerated container size 10 feet
The 10-foot refrigerated container is the most compact type among today’s container lines. People often use 10-foot refrigerated containers to make mini warehouses or use them as field offices or houses. Because their size is quite modest and there is not much storage space for goods, 10-foot containers are often quite rare in Vietnam.
The specific dimensions of a 10-foot reefer container are:
- Envelope dimensions (length x width x height): 2,991 x 2,440 x 2,590 (m).
- Internal dimensions (length x width x height): 2,828 x 2,350 x 2,381 (m).
- Door opening (height x width): 2,291 x 2,336 (m).
>> Don’t ignore the technical specifications of the 10-foot refrigerated container at here!
20 feet refrigerated container
The 20-foot refrigerated container has twice the length of the 10-foot type but the width still complies with ISO 668:1995 standard of 8ft (2,440m). 20-foot refrigerated containers with spacious storage space and moderate size, are most commonly used in Vietnam and around the world today.
The specific dimensions of a 20-foot reefer container are:
- Envelope dimensions (length x width x height): 6,060 x 2,440 x 2,590 (m).
- Internal dimensions (length x width x height): 5,485 x 2,286 x 2,265 (m).
- Door opening (height x width): 2,224 x 2,286 (m).
40 feet refrigerated container
A 40-foot refrigerated container has a length converted to meters of about 12,190 meters and a standard width of 8ft (2,440m). The 40-foot refrigerated container has a storage space of up to 58.92 square meters3 and total load is 32000kg.
The specific dimensions of a 40-foot reefer container are:
- Covering dimensions (length x width x height): 12,190 x 2,440 x 2,590 (m).
- Internal dimensions (length x width x height): 11,558 x 2,291 x 2,224 (m).
- Door opening (height x width): 2,191 x 2,291 (m).
So, how much does a refrigerated container cost? Refer to the next content of the article to receive a quote for refrigerated containers!
A 40-foot refrigerated container has a length converted to meters of about 12,190 and a standard width of 8ft (2,440m).
Latest refrigerated container price list 2021
After learning about the concept, structure and size of refrigerated containers, it must have made it easier for businesses to find and choose containers to hold goods for their businesses. Below, let’s refer to the latest reefer container price quotes on the market today!
Currently, the container market is often divided into two types of services: leasing and buying and selling old and new containers.
The price quote for new refrigerated containers on the market today is about 70 – 150 million VND/cont. Depending on the size and type of container required, prices will vary.
This price quote for refrigerated containers will help make the investment more cost-effective than building a fixed cold storage.
Price quotes for used reefer containers on the market today are usually equal to 80% of the original value, depending on the quality condition at the time of purchase. Quotes for used 20-foot reefer containers are usually around 40 – 70 million VND/cont.
>> Reference Hung Thinh Container website to learn about services of buying – selling, leasing and quoting used and new reefer containers today!
Should I buy a new or used refrigerated container?
Whether a quote for used or new refrigerated containers is suitable for businesses depends on their needs and investment ability. Therefore, before considering the issue of whether to buy new or used refrigerated containers, businesses need to clearly determine the quantity and nature of the factory’s needs for goods. Is the frequency of transporting goods and products to other locations high? What are the requirements for mandatory storage conditions in some “difficult” markets in the world? From there, a decision can be made on whether businesses should buy new or used refrigerated containers.
Whether a quote for used or new refrigerated containers is suitable for businesses depends on their needs and investment ability
Benefits when buying refrigerated containers at Hung Thinh Container
Currently, on the market there are many units providing old and new refrigerated containers with many different qualities and quotes for refrigerated containers. This makes it difficult for many businesses to choose a supplier.
Some benefits when buying refrigerated containers at Hung Thinh Container include:
- Refrigerated container quotes at Hung Thinh Container are clear and detailed by a team of professional, experienced consultants with in-depth product knowledge.
- Hung Thinh Container’s reefer containers are solidly constructed from 3 layers of stainless steel frame. The outer layer is made of stainless steel, in the middle is a layer of PU or insulating foam, and the innermost layer is corrugated stainless steel.
- Ability to cool quickly and maintain stable temperature during transportation.
- Refrigerated containers at Hung Thinh Container can save energy and significantly optimize costs for businesses.
- Thanks to specialized trailers, containers can be flexibly transported to many places.
- Diversity in size when choosing refrigerated containers.
- Ability to liquidate easily with high quote for reefer containers when no longer needed.
>> Reference rental, buying – selling and quoting services for old and new refrigerated containers at Hưng Thịnh Container!
Hung Thinh Container quotes reefer containers clearly and professionally
The current average quote for refrigerated containers is not a very large number, businesses can completely invest to serve the process of transporting, circulating goods and importing and exporting more easily. Using containers also gives processing and manufacturing businesses many opportunities to “show off” themselves on the world arena. Please contact Hung Thinh Container immediately via hotline or visit the website to receive detailed and earliest advice and quotes for refrigerated containers!